Skip to content

Announcements

Anyone else ever had this happen?
snowboarder3002 posted:
I know what Im about to talk about is totally off subject, but honestly, I didnt see one other board on here that related to what happened to me any closer than this one, so here goes. I know this may sound crazy, or ridiculous, and honestly it freaked me out, so Im hoping someone else has had something similar happen or, can tell me its ok for this to happen. Last night I was cooking, and was using a steak knife to cut the plastic security wrap off the top of a bottle. The knife slipped and I stuck it slightly, but deeply enough to bleed, into that connector skin between my thumb and first finger on my left hand. What freaked me out is that for about two seconds after it started bleeding, it bled blackish blood...after that it cleared up and would be what I would call normal blood, but just for those couple of seconds, the blood coming out of the wound was black enough to scare me...very noticeable, not what I would call normal at all. Is this something that can happen from time to time? Should I be worried?

Helpful Tips

MOVE Program
If you are a Military Veteran, check out the VA MOVE program. It involved 6 short meetings with lots of information and discussion. I went ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.