Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

having surgery in one month
An_247803 posted:
This may sound silly, but has anyone else had any anxiety over losing weight too fast?

Jerseymom01 responded:
Hello, I am also having surgery in one month and have no anxiety about losing weight too fast. I am just excited about losing the weight I have struggled with for so many years. My daughter had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and I watched the pounds melt off her. At first pretty rapid but then it slowed down. Good luck with your surgery and your success. Jerseymom01

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Do you have a support team in place you are working with pre-surgery? Please do bring this issue up with your doctor, surgeon or therapist.

Anxiety can have many health implications and if you can alleviate any of your concerns, you'll feel better prepared!

What is the date of your surgery? Let us know so we can send positive vibes your way!

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Jerseymom01's response:
Thanks for sharing your story Jerseymom!

How is your daughter doing today? Would love to hear an update!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
199 of 244 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.