Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

I fear I am becoming a Diet Geek?
BigDaddyMatty posted:

I went to the farmer's market today. Sorta felt embarrassed. A bunch of slim people with nice skin everywhere. When I got home I made this glop from diced tomato, diced onion, small diced carrot carrot, fresh minced garlic, minced Italian parsley, fresh lime juice and some Mrs. Dash. I scooped the glop up using snow peas that had been picked this morning. I pretended it was guacamole and tortilla chips.

Am I becoming a diet geek? What are the long term effects? Thanks.

1nt3rnalc0mbu5t1on responded:
BDM,

I think the more appropriate question would be, what are the long term effects of eating over processed food? If your getting your veggies at a farmers market, odds are they were picked a day or so in advance, so they are super fresh, with much less processing. The "glop" your referring to sounds quite yummy. Would you rather be a diet flunky? than a diet geek? You seem to know what is good and healthy for you, i dont see any problem with that.

IC

3point14 responded:
Side Effects of Diet Geekery May Include

reduced BMI
reduced risk of heart disease
better skin
better self esteem
more fashionable clothing options
better quality hair and nails
incresed life expectancy

And don't feel embarassed being around those slim, nice-skinned people. Even if you don't look like one of them to yourself, you and they are similar healthy-minded folk. You're one of them!

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.