Skip to content

Announcements

working out in the morning
WayneHealthyLifestyle posted:
Hi everyone,

Regarding the workout first before breakfast discussion; like Dr. Pamela Peeke states, one has to know how long they are going to workout for and the intensity if the workout.

If you are hungry after waking up, working out is NOT an option, because you have the possibility of falling out because you blood sugar dropped. So it is necessary for you to eat a light breakfast, wait 15mins, and then start your workout.

If you ate the night before going to bed then you can definitely workout before breakfast, however I do recommend one still have healthy snack bar before workout just in case your workout becomes unstoppable and you are well into it like having sex, then you really don't want to stop. At that point you'll be glad you had that snack bar.

This formula has always worked for me, and anyone can do it, so get started and watch your lovely body transition for the best.

brunosbud responded:
Don't agree. Pancreas releases both insulin and glucagon to regulate blood sugar so that we have stabilized energy levels throughout the day. It is an incredibly beautiful and elegant system of "self-fueling". Glucagon does the exact opposite of insulin; it instructs the liver to release glycogen which, in turn, is converted to glucose. Many Type 2 Diabetics know all about glucagon and the "Dawn Phenom". I've worked out for years, immediately, after waking, I've yet to collapse from low blood sugar and I'm T2D, too.

Aside from a plant-based diet, exercise is my weapon of choice in fighting type 2 diabetes. I'd never discourage anybody from exercising at anytime, day or night. Never. As Dr. Peeke urges all readers, you can never lose as long as you move!

Helpful Tips

Try out this diet plan.
http://8970cixx8q240i4qh9dpvy1kdy.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RBC31F More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.