Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Daily Psyllium Powder Dosage?
BigDaddyMatty posted:

I need a big more roughage in my diet so I decided to augment it with some psyllium powder. My container of it from Trader Joe's with 100% psyllium powder with absolutely no additives.

The recommended adult dose on the label is 1-3 TABLESPOONS (which equates to 3-9 teaspoons), yet the dosages I see on the web are 1/2-1 TEASPOONS.

Which is right? That's simply too large of a disparity. Thanks for any insight.

For what it's worth, I was hungry last night and had a tablespoon of the stuff with a pint of water and it made me feel better. I feel better today as well.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm glad you're feeling better!

Here is comprehensive information from the WebMD Drugs & Medications Center about psyllium: Natural Psyllium Oral

Please note: Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor. If you are self-treating, follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, ask your doctor or pharmacist.

Let me know if I can look for any additional information!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

sugar subs
I consaltated my allergy cookbook for this one.Alternative sweeteners include :honey,maple syrup,date sugar,fruit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.