Skip to content

Announcements

Weight loss in 20 days.
kernelfreak posted:
Hello friends,
I am studying my masters in Germany. And because of recent stress and work, which will end in 4 days, i have gained some weight. I checked the index and everything. According to it, i need to loose 3-4 kg to get rid of my belly. Is it possible in 20 days. As i am going home, i don't want to be like this. Its very cold here, so jogging outside is difficult, and i dont have a car to go anywhere. I am willing to do some workout at home, and some diet. If its possible, kindly let me know how. Thank you for reading and thank you for your time.

Tomato05 responded:
The recommended pace of losing weight is 1/2 to 1 kg (maximum) per week. I think you will just have to accept that it will take some time to get rid of the weight.

You can start going on a healthy, reduced-calorie diet immediately, though, and continue once you get home. If you lose it slowly, like 1/2 kg a week, it will be easier to do, and the weight loss is more likely to be permanent.

Maybe you can just do some walking for the last weeks there, which will be excellent. For strength it will be good (essential, actually) if you could do some exercises at home, but it is unlikely to make you lose weight.

I know that panicky feeling, and wanting to get rid of the weight as soon as possible, but believe me, the body doesn't like shocks (like drastic diets) and will resist your efforts! Only eating less, but in a sensible way, like sticking to a realistic calorie level and eating small meals very regularly, will be a solution, and that will not allow for 3kg weight loss in 20 days. It is probably possible on a very low calorie level, but it will be hard and you will feel hungry, weak, moody, headachy, lethargic, and your blood sugar will be low.

kernelfreak replied to Tomato05's response:
Hello Tomato05 :- Thanks for the reply. I eat very less, i see the labels, have even stopped eating rice. Its not making and difference. Is there anything specific i should eat for the remaining days. Kindly let me know. Thank you again.

Tomato05 replied to kernelfreak's response:
Well, if you eat below a certain calorie level, you are bound to lose weight eventually. For your calorie needs you can look on an online calorie calculator. Otherwise, if you are female, 1200 cal should lead you to weight loss, and if you are male, 1800 cal will do it.

If you are not into calorie counting, 3 smallish meals and one or two healthy snacks daily should also see the weight drop, if you base the meals and snacks on vegetables, lean protein (like fish, chicken breast, lean red meat, egg-whites), fruit and low-fat dairy in moderation, some healthy fats (like olives, avocado, olive oil) and legumes/nuts also in moderation.

Good luck and keep us informed!

kernelfreak replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks for the information, being an indian, our cooking is rather very different, i need to watch calories for everything i am using, and sum them up, hope this works. Thanks again for your help and time...

Helpful Tips

special k
have been trying the "eat a bowl of special k cereal a day" thing and i hope i see an improvement in my weight. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.