Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Food & Addiction: Hand Over the Chocolate & Nobody Gets Hurt
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Our New York Times bestselling expert, Dr. Pam Peeke, has a fantastic new blog post here:

Food & Addiction: Hand Over the Chocolate & Nobody Gets Hurt

Check out the great photo of Dr. Peeke on the Katie promoting her new book, The Hunger Fix: The Three-Stage Detox and Recovery Plan for Overeating and Food Addiction, on the Katie Couric show. Nice arms Dr. Peeke! I'm going to have to go back and read your blog post Bye Bye Batwings to work on my upper limbs!

Dr. Peeke writes "Food addiction is real". Do you agree? What food addiction challenges have you faced?

Haylen

jis4judy responded:
Yes I agree that you can be addicted to some foods .
I had a problem with Icecream and other sweets but mainly icecream / I am Happy to say I had only 1 icecream serveing this past summer , and thats almost 10 years after I started my journey .. to better nutrition . You cn get over them it isn;t easy but through practice and determination they can be overcome. the main thing is to stop buying the food you are addicted to .
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

twilight responded:
as for me growing up we were poor, so poor that us kids would go out and eat the grass in our yard. we ate nuts berries and anything we could find to survive. so now i`m scared not to have tons of food in my house. if it starts to get low i need to stock up or i`ll eat all the time afraid i`ll run out. maletta

twilight replied to jis4judy's response:
mine is not sweets or ice cream it is eating potatoes and meat and vegs. without them in my house i`m afraid of starving again. i even have nightmares. maletta

jis4judy replied to twilight's response:
Hi twilight
so you have to learn portion control because those things are pretty healthy items that cannot be eliminated.You can start by buying smaller potatoes and I like to steam potatoes the little red ones . I also had to cut back on my potato consumtion ..
I eat lots of green vegies still though they are also steamed
get a food scale to get a better idea of how much your are eating then cut back accoringly .. If you are trying to remove weight that is?
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 239 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.