Skip to content

Announcements

overweight
Faith1357 posted:
I need someone to hold me accountable for when I start my diet. Emails dont work sorry. i need someone to help me come up w a plain. Thank you

jis4judy responded:
Hi Faith, Your first step is to become aware of what you eat and when .. learn the healthy alternatives for your food choices and be aware of portion size , if you weigh and measure everything you eat you will have better control of the calories going into your body . You should also be an avid label reader so you know what you are consumeing stay away from things in packages that have ingredients you don;t understand avoiding things like hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils thats a name for trans fats they are not healthy for you ..also look for excess sugars and try to avoid them .. another thing about proccessed foods they are allowed to lie and say zero trans fats on the label as long as the serving size has less than a gram and they make the serving size tiny to get away with it.

Try to focus your food choices on natural real food like fruits vegies and lean meats whole grains small portions of nuts fat free dairy like skim milk and fat free greek yogurt
and if you can take a nice walk 6 days a week
drink water in place of any calorie laden drinks if you want better health to avoid artificial sugars too

Now this is a lot but start by doing your shopping and avoid your trigger foods ...stop buying them

we have a great group on the 50-100 ppund board that you can bounce ideas on and get support for you on your journey to better health

http://exchanges.webmd.com/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange

Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

brunosbud responded:
I agree with much of Judy's philosophy on weight loss. The best way to live in another country is to mimic what the people do, say what the people say, eat what the people eat. When in Egypt, act like an Egyptian.

In other words, being accountable to someone else, may not allow Faith to become an Egyptian.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.