Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

I can not get over the hump with my weigh lost.
JoAnnKamal posted:
I have lost 30 lbs sent Jan 12, 2012, that is when I started my diet. I have not been able to get over the hump for the last 2 months. I want to lose able 20 more lbs. I do not want to be skinny, I just want to be healthy. I want my weigh down to around 145 lbs. What can I do to kick start my self.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi JoAnnK,
The big thing about losing weight is that it requires not only cutting some daily calories, but also doing some exercise. You didn't specifically say that you have done anything but "starting your diet". If you can walk well enough, take a fairly brisk 30 min walk once or twice a day. Just adding a little walking to what you are doing right now, should push you back into weightloss mode.
One of our bloggers does "wall Pushups" before she leaves the bedroom in the morning. Stand about 2.5-3 ft from the wall, keep heels on floor and do deep pushups off the wall. This gets your pulse running and helps to rev your metabolism without having to get down on the floor which is harder for us, "older folks" , lol. (as in anybody over 30 )
Or do some sets of jumping jacks a few times a day. Whenever you find yourself with a couple of min to "rest" just throw in a light exercise.
hope this helps some
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

karenatlas responded:
I am doing exactly what you are doing. I started at about 190-last winter. Awhile ago I had been up to 206. Now I am down to 175 and would like to get between 125 and 150. My doctor thinks 150 would be fine. I walk alot and move about every time I get the chance. I have 3 dogs and a decent size backyard so I have alot of occasion to get out. The hard part is when there are social events where eating is a congenial activity. I compensate for that by being really good on the non party days and since I am retired some days are at home days. I use tge WebMd for recording my weight on a weekly basis and have watched it drop. That helps keep me focused. Although I don't use the daily logging like i should, I generally keep track of my daily calories in my head. wishing you good luck and good focus.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.