Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Journaling, anyone else despise this activity?
1963Nibbles posted:
Realizing my opionion is not a popular one but I really don't like to 'journal'. I have never liked to journal. My high school English Teacher tried to get me interested in doing it; I have never had the time to write down what I have eaten or what I am feeling. Anyone else dislike this "recomended activity"? Recommended activities are not something that can then be used as guilt weapons against us; or are they? That is another reason I don't like journaling, if you forget to do it for a few days then you are deemed 'non-compliant' or told that you are not actively particpating in your own health care. Look, I just want to take a pill that makes me feel better and the rest of you all can leave me alone. Anyone else?

An_248622 responded:
I can't say that I like journaling or keeping a food diary, but I do know that when I get lax and forget to do so, I gain weight! I have to keep the food diary and journal if I want to lose the weight. I have a serious heart problem and can't exercise at all. You can imagine how easy it is for me to lose track of what I am eating and then to gain weight. At least with journaling and a food diary I have a much better chance at losing or at least not gaining weight. Good luck with yours!

Tomato05 responded:
I don't do it either. To me it would be an added activity and more clutter, while I am trying to simplify my life and remove unnecessary, time-consuming, non-essential actions, so that I will have more time to do what I really like to do, or what needs to be done.

Besides, it focuses my mind on food, which is what I'm trying to steer away from while trying to lose weight. Of course one has to plan what to eat, but I don't want to dwell on food longer than I need to, not at this stage at least.

By the end of the day I know what I've eaten that day, and whether it was too much or not, without writing it down. Or the scale will tell me every week too!

Helpful Tips

Fast and easy
I have always found that eating healthy and cutting back on sugary drinks has worked for me. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.