Skip to content

Announcements

New to Community
LadyLinguistique posted:
Hello everyone. I just signed up this morning. I am 53-year-old woman who needs to lose about 110 pounds. I did it before...when I was 28-29 years old. At that time, I lost 120 pounds in 9 months by eating healthy foods in right-sized portions, and walking daily. I felt so good, I can't believe I'm right back where I started 25 years ago. Several days ago, I stocked up on healthy foods. I haven't touched them yet. Although I love food, my primary reason for overeating is emotional. Unfortunately, just knowing that doesn't bring about change. I am on disability now and have become a virtual hermit. Being unable to work, there is little motivation to get up and be productive every day. I feel like I'm spiralling downward and I don't know how to reverse that course. So I thought I'd give this a try. Congratulations to all who have lost weight, and kudos to all who are still in progress.

Take the Poll

What motivated you to start your journey, or how did you motivate yourself?
  • Health problems
  • Physical discomfort
  • Improve appearance
  • Seeking more active lifestyle
  • Other - reply to post
vote
View Poll Results

jis4judy responded:
My answer was more than one choice I had health problems I had discomfort and I wanted a more active life
I wasn;t really interested in the look better thing although I do look better now that I removed nearly 100 pounds .
My profile story explains why and how i removed the weight
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

tryinhardtolose responded:
I am right there with you on the age, weight and goal. I just signed up today and hope this will give me motivation to stick to this diet. I lost all my excess weight when I was thirty then injured my leg at 33 and slowly gained it all back. Good luck with your goal. You are not alone.

LadyLinguistique replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy. I tried to reply a few days ago but there was a problem with posting. Congratulations on your victory. I'll check out your profile to find out more about your story.

Return hugs...Janice

LadyLinguistique replied to tryinhardtolose's response:
Hi tryinhard. Until last night, I hadn't had any success getting motivated. But last night, I cooked myself some Brussels sprouts (which I love). That's the first healthy thing I've cooked in a long time. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a breakthrough and a giant step for me. This morning, I had a soft-boiled egg on whole grain toast, a half-grapefruit and 8oz of non-fat milk. It was yummy. One meal at a time...

Janice

jis4judy replied to LadyLinguistique's response:
thanks Janice I hope you have a great journey to better health too .
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

Helpful Tips

MOVE Program
If you are a Military Veteran, check out the VA MOVE program. It involved 6 short meetings with lots of information and discussion. I went ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.