Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

One week down!
4myk9z posted:
Hey gang!

Well, I've made it thru my first week of being in my cast and am still waiting for the insurance to approve the "bone stimulator" to hopefully get this fracture on track to being healed within the "normal" time of 8 weeks even tho the Ortho doc made it quite clear that he does NOT think that is going to be the case. Munching down my 2400 mg of Calcium citrate (need to take that kind if you are on meds for stomach acid in case you didn't know that) and Vitamin D3 5000 I/U since I'm on anticonvulsants for a sz disorder which depletes that particular vitamin. Not weight bearing or driving AT ALL and foot feels remarkably BETTER which brings great joy! Hated that I had to start at Ground Zero last week and was pretty bummed/grumpy about it 'til I decided that wasn't going to help anyone or anything so did the "scratch and get glad"! Then just got thru a couple of days, put a new spin on it and voila! Looked at it as only having 6 weeks 6 DAYS left which felt much more "doable" than "7 weeks" LOL! Just had to claw out that silver lining, again, abstract as the day is long, but made it into a manageable chunk for my mind to handle. Now I know how the dogs feel when I walk out the door without them tho! Have folks bringing me stuff in but not taking me out for rides in the car... my kingdom for an outing! Actually get to go to a meeting for Medicare with mom today and am so excited I can't sleep! Have an attitude of gratitude for all my FB friends, friends who are calling just to check on me and my mom who has been the greatest help ever!

I know I sound like a train wreck to a lot of you but I still feel blessed by what I do have in this life. Thanks be to God!

Take good care of yourselves!
Wendy

Helpful Tips

sugar subs
I consaltated my allergy cookbook for this one.Alternative sweeteners include :honey,maple syrup,date sugar,fruit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.