Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Has anyone Had the RNY Surgery
channing28208 posted:
I had a RNY Gastric Bypass on July 24, 2012 I have some questions my questions are:
  1. I am wondering Who in this group has had a RNY Gastric Bypass Done I have a lot of Questions about Gastric Bypass and would like to talk to someone that has had a Gastric Bypass?
  2. I am wondering if you can also be my email pen pal because I am looking for email pen pals that will accept short letters with questions like for example: Do you have any pets? Do you like music? What type of music do you like?

If you know the answers please email me at the emails below:

CHANNING28270@GMAIL.COM
CHANNING28270@INBOX.COM
CHANNING28105@ZOHO.COM
CHANNING28270@HELLOKITTY.COM

Channing

josee responded:
Hi Channing, I have not had a bypass, but have been thinking about it for awhile now. Have tried so many diets and not much works for me. I suppose it is partly because I am not dedicated to the lifestyle. How much weight have u lost? Is it worth doing? I do have a pet. She is a kitty named bitsy. She is a tuxedo style girl. I love her sooo much. She is my baby girl. Do u have a pet? Josee

totallywiggedout replied to josee's response:
I'll tell you what is a fact. If you haven't looked up the post stomach reduction surgery diet regime and how many vitamins and stuff you HAVE to take every day for the rest of your life because of the inability to get enough through eating.... then you really need to do this before considering the any surgical intervention to lose weight.
If you can't be dedicated enough to lose weight by doing some exercise, eating healthy foods and in proper portions, HOW on Earth do you think that you can dedicate yourself to eating less than a cup of food per meal forever?? Just because your stomach is reduced doesn't mean that you still cant or WON'T overeat.
In fact I just read of a woman who did well for a year after her surgery but then started to overeat to the point that the excess foods that her stomach couldn't hold at the time, got backed up into her esophogus to the point that it impacted and she literally suffocated on backed up , undigested food. She DIED from want of food, and because of her stomach reduction..... She died because she COULD NOT COMMIT.
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Helpful Tips

sugar subs
I consaltated my allergy cookbook for this one.Alternative sweeteners include :honey,maple syrup,date sugar,fruit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.