Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
diet
An_248925 posted:
hav been dieting ,not acording to a formal plan,,,i want to lose aprox 10 kg of wieght...please suggest me a good n fast diet plan.

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi and thanks so much for your posting. AHH OHH. You're looking for "fast" results. Who isn't? Be careful here. The human body doesn't do well with fast when it comes to dropping any amount of excess weight. Fads and promises of overnight success are shams and lies. You need a credible ongoing plan to help yourself achieve your goals.

If you want to shed weight and KEEP it off for good, you need to have a plan that you can use to remove the weight once and for all. First, take this quiz and see if you have any issues with food and addiction http://www.drpeeke.com/PopQuiz.htm
If you do, read the new science in The Hunger Fix to help you outline your strategy for substituting Healthy Fixes for any sugary/fatty/salty foods you constantly cave to the craving with

Next up, log onto the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner, input your data and get started with a sensible way to track your progress. The plan is customized to your unique make up. Don't forget you'll have to incorporate some form of physical activity as well.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing,

Dr. Peeke

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.