Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

BigDaddyMatty - Where are you?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I miss your check-ins!

What's been up with you this week? Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Haylen

BigDaddyMatty responded:
Hi Haylen;

I'm just motoring right along, thanks for asking. No big changes really. Continuing to slowly lose and feeling better and better all the time.

Today is day #80 for my nutrition/exercise program and all is well. I missed my twice daily power walks on the last two Sundays due to weather and scheduling -- my first two misses in 80 days. After each miss I felt even stronger on the following day so maybe there was some positive to it.

I also snacked on both of those days which has become very unusual for me. The big difference is that my snacks are now sardines packed in water, bananas and apples and not pizza, Doritos and ice cream. Very slowly I'm learning it seems.

I have to go to a long scheduled dinner tonight (turkey cooked in the ground) where I expect to eat a non-diet portion. I will endeavor to stay away from the beer and wine and also the dessert. I'll report back how it goes.

Thursday is Thanksgiving. It's not a big deal this year thank goodness. I am going to make prime rib with the all-time easiest and finest process ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQ49SoteE0 It's almost a miracle. Everyone should try this recipe at least once.

Friday I have to go to a cocktail party where I plan to stick to club soda. Enjoy your turkey day!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to BigDaddyMatty's response:
Thanks for checking in!

No big changes is GOOD NEWS

I hope you had a great turkey dinner - even if you go off track, I have every confidence that you will enjoy yourself and get back to healthy eating and exercise.

LOVE the prime rib video! Math, LOL. Just showed it to my hubby (the only cook in the house) and we might just be enjoying some prime rib this weekend! With plenty of salad and veggies, of course

Have a great holiday and please check back in -

Haylen

BigDaddyMatty replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Last night's meal went fine. They had a terrific mixed green salad with grape tomatoes and a raspberry vinaigrette of which I ate 4 bowls full. The meal itself was typical thanksgiving fair.

I stayed away from the dessert as I was spending time scarfing down all the salad. I had a few good beers -- my first alcohol in more than 90 days. I don't regret spending the calories on them.

I need to remember to take the prime rib out of the refrigerator by 8am today. I like to give it at least 8 hours to come up to room temperature. Don't forget the horseradish cream with your prime rib! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7a8EyiWQoA

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to BigDaddyMatty's response:
How did that prime rib turn out?

Horseradish a MUST!

H

BigDaddyMatty replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
The prime rib was terrific. It's an absolute foolproof slam-dunk. You should try it sometime.

jis4judy replied to BigDaddyMatty's response:
Hi BDMatty
I saw that link and it sounds great I may try that in the future
thanks for posting it
Hugs Judy:)
Sw 247 Cw 149ish

remember the gold isn;t in the prize it is in the journey!
life may not be the party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance!

BigDaddyMatty replied to jis4judy's response:
That is an awesome recipe.
I have a big family dinner to go to on Christmas Day but I am going to cook on Christmas Ever.

I think I will use that prime rib procedure to cook a tri-tip roast. With that I will have a huge green salad (maybe wilted Spinach), maybe some baked taters and even some garlic bread. Urp!

Looking forward to it!

Helpful Tips

sugar subs
I consaltated my allergy cookbook for this one.Alternative sweeteners include :honey,maple syrup,date sugar,fruit ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.