Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

WebMD Food & Fitness Planner Update
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
The WebMD Food & Fitness Planner will be down for routine maintenance this evening - November 29th - from 6PM to 12AM EST. Here are two other tools you may be interested in during this time:

• Food-o-Meter - Find nutritional facts for over 30,000 foods and beverages.
  • Fit-o-Meter - Discover calories burned for thousands of popular activities, exercises, & sports.

JustMeMyself responded:
Thank you for the notification! Will the updated "Food & Fitness" plan allow or give users using the "Recipe Finder" an option to add those recipe meals, if that's the recipe they prepared, to their daily food plan and/or frequent list. I love using the "Recipe Finder" and think having the option to just "click a button" to add that meal to my food plan without individually adding the nutritional info each time I prepare a meal from the "Recipe Finder". If this is a part of the the new update that's awesome, if not, is possible that WebMD create an option like I mentioned in my passage! Thank you soooo much in advance!!!!

Mish701 responded:
I like the look of the new Food & Fitness Planner but it seems like a key aspect is missing. You used to be able to choose how you wanted to split calories between eating and exercising (eat more, exercise less or 50/50 split, etc...). I can't find that option anymore. In my goals it also says "we know you didn't want to exercise more..." but I never told it I didn't want to exercise more! Where is it getting that information? The calculations seem very skewed too. It's saying I only need to burn 44 calories a day to reach my goal when before the update it said about 730 which made way more sense. Am I missing something?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to JustMeMyself's response:
Hi JustMe -

That's a great suggestion! I'm not sure adding recipe finder is is part of the maintenance. Let me check on that and get back to you. If it's not, I'll be sure to pass along your comments to those in charge of the planner features!

Sounds like you are on track for healthy eating - so glad you're finding this tool helpful. I'm addicted to it. Even my kids know and like to watch when I enter info

H

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Mish701's response:
Hi Mish - let me check on those two things for you!

Glad you like the look - I do too -

Haylen

Jojorose67 responded:
I love the new look! But for the life of me can't figure this part out, Calorie Goal 1301, Food Calories In 789, Fitness Calories Out- 724, Daily Total 65. What is the daily total? Should it be in the negative or positive for weight loss? I've lost almost 60 Lbs using this and love it!

Jojorose67 replied to Jojorose67's response:
Figured it out!

JustMeMyself replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen_WebMD,

Thanks for the reply and checking on the possibility of implementing my posted suggestion!

Trying to stay on track is challenging @ times but this site is very helpful in keeping me on track in balancing my food/nutrition/fitness and I don't feel like I'm deprived of eating what I want but in moderation.

I also love how WebMd food & fitness plan is evolving with the users by supplying these many tools to assist us with healthy lifestyles and keeping us informed on many aspects of nutrition & health for FREE. Commending WebMD on the new site update and loving the new calorie count tracking, great job!

Now I understand the meaning of calories IN and calories OUT once I log my food & fitness for the day. I'm eager to keep moving through the day, log it here & feel great after literally seeing the Calories out #, so inspiring for me!! Hoping the update helps others as much as it is assisting me!

To Good health & evolving!!!
JustMe

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
47 of 48 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.