Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Need Some Help
johnnytnt posted:
I am a complete mess...lol... I am 40 yo and had a mild heart attack. I have been told my cholesterol is high and I am borderline diabetes. Is there any guide or book that I can refer to on what foods are good and what foods to avoid? I thank everyone in advance who will reply with advice. It is greatly appreciated!!!

BigDaddyMatty responded:
I know what I would do if I was in your shoes.

#1 I would start walking each and every day. Whatever it takes, just do it. 5, minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, you gotta pay some dues -- check with your doc first of course.

#2 I would get hardcore and go on Dr. Joel Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" diet for at least 90 days.

#3 During that ninety days I would investigate the DASH diet for long term health. Google it.

Good luck.

ettennette responded:
just follow what your doctors say. have some regular checkup and maintain a good diet. i know a good site for healthy diet, you check it if you want http://www.top-5-diets.info/

Helpful Tips

The Venus Factor Review
Here Is the Review Of Venus Factor Scam For the Complete Solution of Weight Loss: Get Prevention from Exta fat forever. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.