Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
I lost 150 lbs in 7 months
An_249502 posted:
I joined a program in Bellevue Wa. called Weight Loss For Life. Now renamed to 30/10 Weight Loss. I am a 46 year old male that weighed 340lbs. Had type 2 diabetes, Sleep Apnea & sore back & knees. I no longer have Diabetes, Sleep Apnea is gone, Back & joint issues are gone & I don't need special incerts in my shoes anymore. Went from a size 4X shirt to a size large & a tight size 54 in pants to a loose 34 inch pants. Were talking life changing. All this in only 7 months. This is a diet of high protien, low carb & no sugar. Easy, fast results & most of all this will last me for life! Why? I have been successful on other programs. The goal were to lose a certain amount of weight or to weigh a certain amount. Once I made goal it was back to my old ways. This program there isn't a set number of pounds I want to lose or a certain weight I want to be, My goal or mindset is to maintain is weight & lifestyle change for the rest of my life. This goal ends when I do. People say I look younger & their right, I do! I look, feel & live a healthier new life. I was in me the whole time. I feel like I have been this way my whole life. I am doing a radio ad on KOMO 1000 AM here in Washington state for my weight loss success. I have already did one for AM 770. I am the biggest loser & it feels great. Joe Tilley, Woodinville WA. P. S. I got my life back & so can you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. It's your life! Why not live for yourself:)

brunosbud responded:
Joe,

Happy holidays & congratulations on reclaiming command of your health, Joe. What an achievement!

So many people believe that they have an "undiagnosed" disease or a blood disorder or a hormonal imbalance that is at the core of their inability to lose weight, long term. Many are reliant of prescription medications to get them through the day. Many are frustrated with their doctors inability to pinpoint the "source" of their problem. They are depressed over their present state and future prospects. It is human nature to seek out "evidence" confirming what we believe and if everything we believe is outside our control...then, what's the point in trying? When you were at your largest size, I'm sure you had similar thoughts and feelings, too.

Question:

1. What specific activities, thoughts or changes helped you overcome these thoughts that weight loss was outside your control. In other words, how did you change a negative self fulfilling prophesy to one where you had complete control over your destiny?

2. Now that you have the luxury of hindsight, can you explain the impact sleep apnea had on your health.

Thank you for your post and look forward to your response.

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi and thanks so much for your posting. Your weight reduction is wonderful and indeed has given you a new lease on a healthy and joyful life which you are so richly deserving. As a physician, i am thrilled you are off the meds and have reversed the apnea. You've saved your life and that's such an amazing accomplishment.

The dietary program used is one that eliminates refined and processed sugars, and seems to rely mostly on whole food produce, lean protein and probably low carbohydrates in general. This is a plan generally followed by other groups as well, for those who are seriously obese and already have diabetes.

I hope you're continuing to balance your dietary intake with healthy carbs, protein and fat. And, please stay physically active as research has shown that to be very important to secure a guaranteed sustainability to your achievements.

Finally, as all of the people who have dropped weight and kept it off have done, make sure to adjust the people, places and things in your life to support your new lifestyle. This isn't just about diet and exercise. It's also about your living and working environment as well.

Again, congratulations!

Dr. Peeke

An_249666 responded:
good for you. been trying to lose weight for 5 years. i lost a little like 40 lbs but still goinf up and down now. twisted my ankle so bad i couldnt have myself for a run.

pjaswink responded:
Hi, your story is inspiring, I want to lose 100 pounds, can you tell me your average cost per month?

Sue253 replied to pjaswink's response:
How did you lose 150lbs

catladypurple responded:
Way to go!! I'm so proud of you!! you are my inspiration and my motivation! I am female and currently weigh 270 lbs. My goal is 132 as I'm very short. I want to be where you are NOW!

lovelife61 responded:
I have been listening to Dory Monson on the radio lately and he has a lot of great things to say about 30-10 weight loss as I see you do as well. I was wondering if this is the same as Atkins? High protein, low carb, no sugar. If not, what kinds of things are different? I have tried Atkins and lost quite a bit. I have a hard time staying on it because of no fruit. Looking for something to work for life but not be so restrictive. Can you tell me a little about this one. Thanks and congratulations!

stasiak54 responded:
can you please give me a idea of how much it cost you I am thinking of doing this program but I am concerned with the cost I have heard your ad and I ask myself can this be me I have lost and gained so much and I am tired of it I want this to be the last diet for me I thank you so much Im wanting to lose 95 lbs

Sandy

linow replied to stasiak54's response:
Hi! I paid over $3,000 and thought it was a lot, but worth it if it works and less than Bariatric surgery. I started on October 9th 2014 and had lost 7 lbs at my first weigh in. That gave me incentive to keep going! I should lose over 100 lbs in 9 months. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

~ Linow

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.