Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
11 days out from sleeve December 13
cuteasabutton posted:
Is anyone else overwhelmed by everything you have to get in vitamins? What and how are you keeping track? Did any of you surgeons take you of all you blood pressure meds cold turkey?
Did any of your surgeons over sew your staple line?Mine did not?
Wher any of you given acid blockers, mine did not? I have lots of questions any answers out there??

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi and thanks for your posting. I'm concerned by your questions because your surgeon's team should be answering these for you and supporting you. All bariatric offices should have a registered dietitian who specializes in these procedures. As well, you're asking about medications being prescribed and adjusted (your BP meds) and this should be addressed by your medical team--- the gastric surgeon and/or your primary care physician.

Please get back with them today and start sorting this out. It doesn't sound as though you're clear on your plan post op and you should be.

Dr. Peeke

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.