Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
the hcg dos and donts
lleelight posted:
im soon to start this diet and had a few ?s Is there a certain shampoo and conditioner we have to use.i knoe no make up and only use mineral oil for skin. need some other ideas on lotions i can use and hair products. thanks for your time,

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi and thanks for your posting. As I have noted on other postings to the wonderful members of this Diet Community we don't support this "diet" as it is not approved of by the FDA, and use of HCG products as over the counter offerings are not in compliance with the law. There's no secret to how this works. You're starving yourself with a 600-800 cal restricted diet. That's all. No magic. And, this is not sustainable. Let alone the cost to you as a consumer not just financially, but also in terms of loss of muscle, reduced muscle and nerve function and electrolyte imbalanced which could lead to heart irregularities.

We hope you consider these thoughts.

Dr. Peeke

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.