Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
vegetarian
An_249609 posted:
hi iam wondering what to eat for meals, i dont eat meat however i do eat eggs. also im from asian background and i dont want to stop eating the food i grew up with, please let me how can i search or input the food in my plan.

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP responded:
Hi and thanks so much for your posting. I've got great news for you. Log onto the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner right now. There are countless vegetarian options you can choose from for your food plans and recipes.

Great sources of protein include quinoa, legumes, soy, dairy (not sure if you're lacto-ovo), nuts, and eggs.

Don't waste any time. Hop on over to our wonderful site right now and start up a healthy vegetarian plan. Don't forget your exercise!

Good luck

Dr. Peeke

poweredup replied to Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP's response:
hi, my question is not the protein but its how to post my foods since i make different foods which i make at home so there is no calorie count. just wondering how many eggs i should eat in a week so i dont have other risks like cholesterol along the way. i basically dont eat out much and my meals are prepared from scratch.

Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP replied to poweredup's response:
Hi and thanks for your reply. All foods have a calorie count. Cooks have to keep tabs on calories as well. Most apps have excellent calorie counts for raw foods. The Food and Fitness Planner I mentioned will take all of this into consideration as well. LostIt and FitPal are great. Calorie King is terrific to keep tabs. Regarding the eggs, I wouldn't rely so heavily upon whole eggs for your protein source. If you like them, and your cholesterol is normal and there's no history of heart disease in your family, on a daily basis you could try using one whole egg and the rest egg whites for your cooking purposes. The Planner has an entire vegetarian option with comprehensive recipes and ways to customize your home cooking. Have a look and i think you'll find it very helpful.

Dr. Peeke

JillForest responded:
Tofu is a great option!! It's a great replacement for meat. Depending on how you make it you can change the taste, and consistency of it.

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

more effective weight loss pointers
primary all time tip is to devour wholesome and watch what you are eating, however now not vital how so much of food you consume. you may ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.