Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

my story - kimekc
kimekc posted:
Hi, my name is Kim and I had gastric sleeve surgery on July 3, 2012. I had this surgery to save my life. I'm almost 50 and have all kinds of health problems. I've always been large. A huge part of that I know is psychological because it keeps people away and if you keep them away, they cannot hurt you. I've lost about 55 pounds, but I know I should have lost more at this point. I think it's only been around 10 pounds in the last three months. I have a job that makes it impossible to attend my local support groups, so I hope to find some support here. I know my body is ready to lose more, but I seem to sabotage myself. It is a mental problem right now, not a physical one. Has anyone else dealt with the demons I'm trying to deal with? How do I let go of my old self and let the new one emerge? My health problems are still with me at this point, so of course, I need to be smaller still in order to live.. Thanks!

Helpful Tips

sugar subs
I consaltated my allergy cookbook for this one.Alternative sweeteners include :honey,maple syrup,date sugar,fruit ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.