Skip to content

Announcements

8 months after Gastric Sleeve Surgery
maytejuliao posted:
Hi, I am 8 months post op, and i´m worried my surgery is not working right. I´ve lost 58 pounds but thought it would be faster. I´ve still got 55 more pounds to go.
This past month i only lost 4.8 pounds. I exercise with a personal trainer for 3 to 4 days a week, have become much more active, but i´m worried i´m doing something wrong.

Anyone with at least the same time post op than I have any suggestions?

Tks!

britadu responded:
I noticed when I wasn't losing weight but I was exercising regularly that I was actually losing inches., Try keeping track of the inches you've lost in addition to the weight. If you are working out with a personal trainer he/she would probably tell you that you are gaining muscle mass and the weight you are not losing is probably being replaced with muscle and muscle weighs heavier. So if you are not losing weight, just maintaining, this may be the reason. Hope this helps!

maytejuliao replied to britadu's response:
Thank you for your comments, hope it is the case, but it?s been 4 weeks and not a pound less. Hope it reflects soon!

SB975 replied to maytejuliao's response:
I had gastric bypass 2004; lost 48 pounds only.....To find out that i had problems with my surgery. Bowel obstruction that made my stomach feel inflated. But let me tell you, my honey moom with the gastric bypass started immediately and i have and still am struggling with my weight. My suggestion, be careful what you are eating, calories add up fast and account for even with gastric bypass. I used to say i don't eat a lot, true, but i ate too many calories and that was my problem...so, started eating less and the pounds started dropping....Good luck

maytejuliao replied to SB975's response:
Wao this is good to know. Did not know that could happen. Thanks for the tips. I will keep an eye on the quality of what i eat. Tks!

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.