Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

i need help: charb addict
getstrength posted:
Hi, i am failing all the time, i eat sweets a few times a day. i can skip normal meal and take chocolate instead with coffee. and it is not 85% chocolate either, it is 70% dark chocolate which i like. I eat when i am stressed, bored, sad, happy. this bad habit is controlling my life, and i feel like a loser. I need to do that for my health first of all. Please help. I can see that i can not do that alone.

shirleyfaye responded:
Maybe, it would help not to think of your self in a negative way. Never skip a meal to eat a snack is a rule I follow. If I do eat some thing I think I shouldn't have. I try to do better. If you don't skip a meal you will have a easier time resisting the need for chocolate. I eat cho chips everyday too, but only once a day and as a snack. I eat the cho with 1 serving of nuts. and it does satisfy the need for cho and fat.

brunosbud responded:
"...I can see that i can not do that alone..."

You may feel like a "loser", but losers never admit they need help. It takes guts to admit that. Find a doctor, a nutritionist, maybe, a therapist and become educated...better still, become a "scholar" on your particular eating disorder and find the precise methods needed to modify your negative behaviors. Reclaim control, rebuild your health and, then, come back to this forum and advise others how to heal themselves. Call your doctor, today.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
201 of 246 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.