Skip to content

Announcements

My Sister Lost a lot of Weight
bobby75703 posted:
I have watched my sister lose a lot of weight, and keep it off for the long run. She is 1970's skinny.

So I asked her what she eats, if she is following any commercial diet.

She responded she is not following any commercial diet. She said she eats mostly meat and vegetables. She strictly avoids bread and sugars.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

MiaPa1208 responded:
so how much did she lose? what was her starting weight and how long did it take? how old is she? her diet sems really good-protein and veggies, thats what im trying plus i add fruit/fruit smoothies and at least 35 min a day on elliptical. hope to lose those last 15 lbs by may......

bobby75703 replied to MiaPa1208's response:
She lost 40 lbs. Beginning weight was 160, now she is 120.
She is 61 years old and started this about 2 or 3 years ago.
Her weight loss was gradual. slow but sure.

At age 61 she has her teenage body back.

MiaPa1208 replied to bobby75703's response:
and thats your answer-no magic pill , it takes time-it took me 3 years to drop my first 100 lbs, had my set backs but im very goal oriented-i know that i will get rid of those pesky 15 lbs 2

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.