Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    I've plateaued! now what?
    creature_of_habit posted:
    I got the gastric bypass in Feb last year. I weighed 275 and now down to 180. I want to lose more but I have plateaued. I'm not eating snacks, I haven't changed my diet - maybe sometimes I ate too much, but that doesn't happen all the time. So now what.... I had more of that bariatric advantage powder left so I determined to start drinking it again. Last time I did I lost 20lbs. And that was 2 weeks time period. How do I get over this hurdle? Will drinking the shakes help me again? I'm so frustrated right now over this that I'm starting to feel a little depressed about it. I started the shakes today... perhaps this is the only feasible way to get where I want?

    Helpful Tips

    desk tip works
    Hi, when I had a desk job I used to just pick up my legs under the desk as if I was walking up and down the stairs ... and it helps with ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

    Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.