Skip to content

Announcements

diet
An_249945 posted:
am stragling my weight since i turn 37 i have tried almost all diet pills i walked when i can.....am 161 i have a bad hip knee n back.rigth now am eating only cabbage soup but only lose 7ilbs in a week....i know thats not healty.... i stop drinking diet soda i cheat once a while in frape or sweets of any, i drink alot water and very active,,,,am tired of roller coaster i need to be steady on my weight my goal 130 i need help and thank you

brunosbud responded:
Please, can you take a moment to elaborate on something you said...You said, "you tried almost all diet pills". Can you talk about what you tried and what happened? You may think it doesn't matter, now...but, the purpose of this forum is to share not just your problems but your experiences, too. I know that the pills didn't work. You know that the pills didn't work. But, what about the people who don't know?

Your experience and the mistakes you've made in the past are valuable. Can you understand why?

PetuniaPea responded:
You obviously don't have a healthy view on food and your weight. I am going to challenge you to change your views! DON'T focus on your weight! Focus on your HEALTH. Don't think of food in terms of "cheating." It only sets you up to feel guilty, which can derail you and make you binge and forget about your health.

Re-examine how you view food...think of it as FUEL for your body. What is great fuel that will give you tons of energy and a ton of good health? Fruits, vegetables, true whole grains that you cook from scratch--NOT processed "whole grains" that come in packages or boxes (I'm talking about snacks, breads, and sugary breakfast cereals). Choose lean sources of protein, and don't forget that beans, lentils, and nuts can be great sources of protein.

Eating only cabbage soup is dangerous. Diet pills are dangerous. Don't do that again, please! Learn to ENJOY food. Cut back or eliminate sugar so that real, whole foods taste amazing!

Check out health books and healthy cookbooks at your local library. A good book that I can think off the top of my head is Eat to Live by Joel Furhman, MD.

Get inspired to get healthy, and the weight will slowly but surely come off!
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Helpful Tips

Try out this diet plan.
http://8970cixx8q240i4qh9dpvy1kdy.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=RBC31F More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.