Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

WEIGHT WATCHER'S DIET
An_249950 posted:
I started the weight watcher's diet on Jan 1st of this year.I was doing well my first week but I fell off a little bit.Does anyone have any advice on diets and how I can keep on track.I have all the weight watcher's info but I need advice from someone who has tried to diet and kept having setbacks.I am trying to lose 20 lbs by the end of May.

CathP responded:
Hi,

Good for you for starting. My mother-in-law did very well with weight watchers. I did not. I have started what I am telling myself "A new way of life" ... not a diet. I did an Ideal Protein diet, lost a ton of weight then gained it all back plus. Then I tried weight watchers but I quit after 2 months. I didn't like the guilt i felt if I didn't succeed one week.

A week ago I decided to change who I am an how I think about myself. Every time I have to make a health choice (what to eat, what to drink) I tell myself "Remember, it's the new healthy you, New year! New me" and so far so good. I'm not sure how I'll be in three weeks. So try self motivation, write you short term goals down and try and exercise 30 min a day, even if it is a leisurely walk. Good luck and keep trying!

fishingforanswers responded:
It may not be a 'diet' for say but keeping a diet journal writing down what you put in your body keeping track of calorie intake seems like a great place to start. Keep in mind that in acquiring any weight loss goal pacing yourself is the key to success.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.