Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

No Gym
An_250082 posted:
I have been heavy weight for the past 15 years..all due to not eating heallthy...always stressed out..and to top it off..I was Pre- Menapause...this was very hard for me...from this ..I began to have health issues..like sleep apnea...back trouble..and Sciatica...I decided last year that I no longer was going to abuse my body..I had already done that for the past 15 years. I am Hispanic, and if you are familiar with our foods it can be very spicey..which I do miss. I made myself a commitment that I was going to do something about my weight. I read many health books. I went on the internet and joined a place where you can get good advice and many encouargaments with others like me. I knew I had to lose many pounds, 70 lbs at that!...I went kitchen hunting and threw away all the things that were making me gain weight..cookies, pies, soft drinks, etc..and changed them for..water, crystal light to flavor my water, fat free skim milk..I started cooking with olive oil...instead of frying..and bought a few eating healthy books with receipes..and today..I have lost a total of 25 lbs ..with no work out. I actually dropped one pants size..I was so excited. This being a new year, again , I challenged my self to lose another 25 lbs bye April. I do not go to a gym, so I bought me dvd's to my liking...I bought Zumba 2 which is all dancing!..I bought Rockin Body, which is also dancing!..I have fun in my own house!. If I can do this, I promise you so can you. Is it easy? Of course not! But if you are tired of being tired, and you want to be able to do things you miss so much, as I have. Then you can do this!. Challenge yourself and stay comitted. Find a circle of people who will encourage you!..and most important. Pray and ask God to give you the strength you need to push forward. I am looking forward to riding my back this summer and wearing a nice dress for my birthday!...I work out 6 days a week. 25 min in the morning and 25 min at night before i rest. I drink alot of water ...and bake with splenda and fat free skim milk..this has been a life changing for me too..and I am so glad i did this ..If I can do this so can you!..

brunosbud responded:
You are really smart, and...
You are very sensible and patient, and...
You are methodical, driven and, most importantly, optimistic...

Are you free for dinner, tonite?

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.