Skip to content

Announcements

Ka-Klunk ...Fell off the Wagon
LuvMySpencerPup posted:
According to my log I over did on my calories yesterday...and I'm not quite sure how that happened...oh yeah, it was that bowl of chocolate Rice Chex Cereal at 8:00 pm that did me in...and I didn't walk my walk either. <duh>

So today I hopped back on with a brisk 30 minute walk around my neighborhood BEFORE breakfast.

Now I'm ready to tackle the day....hmmmm ...breakfast sounds like a good start.

Mind in positive mode and ready to roll. Well actually get rid of the rolls, but that's another post.

Have a grand day all!

~Stacy
FirstPrevious12NextLast

CathP responded:
Way to get back on it! Doesn't sound like too bad of a fall

Good luck!

LuvMySpencerPup replied to CathP's response:
Hi there CathP, Good to meet you.

Nah, didn't trip up too badly. But it was only day 3 ..Eeek! so I do have to keep better track of my hand to mouth exercises.

Truth be told, the hardest part of this new life style, is drinking all the water recommended.

I'm beginning to slosh when I walk.

Have a great day

~Stacy

totallywiggedout replied to LuvMySpencerPup's response:
Stacy, lol, chocolate rice chex huh?
Start reading the labels honeybunch. If you absolutely have to have something chocolate, just for the urge and not for the hunger, then try getting a Bakers semi sweet or dark chocolate. Yep the stuff int eh baking aisle. They come in prewrapped individual squares of two halves. One half is only 70 calories and if you lick it like a lollipop, it lasts so long it kicks that sweet tooth in the butt.
If it's more for hunger, then try brown sugar mini wheats, You can have 25 squares which is quite a bit, for the serving which is quite filling because of the fiber. If you need the cereal, aim for lots of fiber, low sugars, low sodium and of course lower calories.
Otherwise, it's a slip, not a fall. No biggie. You are doing great, keep up the wonderful attitude.
huggs
Kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

LuvMySpencerPup replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi there Kim,

Good of you to *stop* by. <waving>.

Actually another thing I am trying is going wheat-free. So far, so good.

Tummy troubles ( a nice way of saying fart machine) is going sooooo much better. The tooting is really down to almost nil.

Those mini wheats are my husbands favorite so we do have them in the pantry.

I found that the Rice Chex have no wheat so I'm leaning more towards them. Calorie wise they aren't bad.

And the chocolate flavor....need I say more?

I do eat dark chocolate on occasion but never thought to lick it like a lollipop (great suggestion, thanks). I usually just plop it my mouth and it's gone in a flash.

One question I do have if you don't mind.

I'm a tad confused by my calorie count.

The program originally had be at 1200 calories a day.

So on the first day I had a goal for that...then when I keyed in my exercise for that day it now has my goal at 1100 something. <shrugging shoulders here>

That's why my calorie count was over ... got any ideas? I was striving for 1200 and went over my 1100 something new goal.

Have I confused you too? LOL

Thanks for your support

~Stacy

CathP replied to LuvMySpencerPup's response:
That's funny, the water is hard to get used to but I've been doing this just over 3 weeks and now if I don't get even > 8 glasses I feel thirsty! Good luck and stick with it!

CathP

It's a subtraction thing now, the charting system takes your intake and subtracts the amount of calories you burned so every time you log something new it recalculates the amounts you need to eat and do for the rest of the day.
I think that is what your is doing.....
sometimes i even get confused with this system, it's new and I am just lately going back into charting again to get over my "hump" of a plateau.
huggs
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

Hi Kim,
I tired to reply yesterday but the system had gone wonky so I'll try again today.

I finally figured out the math and you are spot on.

Please don't tell my grand kids that I couldn't calculate the math, they think I am a math genius. LOL

So are you smacking that plateau around?

Ya know those jabs, and punches will count as exercise.

Have a good day.

~Stacy

Hi, Hi, Stacy ! (waving).... today we started to move house. We got notice that the owner of the rental we are in right now was selling... on Thursday So rather than let a bunch of realtors and looky loos walking through and getting a good gander at our stuff, we have ALOT of electronics and computers here , we decided to just look for a new place.
So stuff has been moving like a wildfire since Thursday and this weekend we are all working together to get everything packed and moved.... It would have been nicer to have a month notice, but we just don't want to risk a new owner resetting the rent to something higher than this little house is worth.... and we lucked right into a much better place.
So, no, although I think I've been doing some lifting, not alot because of my back, but the eating has been catch as catch can.
glad that the math worked out for your charts, aren't grandkids great?? I've got one too, and I'm sure you feel this way too.... grandkids are the reason we have KIDS to begin with .
Stay strong, girly Q
huggs
kim

Hi there Kim,

Wow! You certainly have a LOT on your plate...no pun intended LOL

We spent a quiet weekend at home and watched our beloved 49ers lose the Super Bowl BUT we know that next year is going to be amazing

Still doing well, only struggle is keeping my goal for drinking water. I like water and drink what I think is a lot but not nearly what is recommended.

I think I am do for a weigh in EeeeK! LOL

Take good care
~Stacy

brunosbud responded:
Because you 1. Love dogs, and 2. Have a sense of humor, I will share my very, very best advice for you:

"Small moves, Stacy...Small moves"

Like getting out of debt or graduating kids from college, losing weight is a complex and difficult task that involves attack from multiple sides. This is why I so appreciate and admire people who are sensible and diligent enough to accomplish this arduous task. People who lose the weight and keep it off, without question, come out different...They become "enlightened".

Falling off the wagon is never good, imo. What it tells me is you're "biting off more than you can chew". Its an indication that whatever you're doing is either too hard, too inconvenient or too unappealing. To me, its an indication of "impatience" and that is the ultimate enemy of us all.

Therefore, to avoid the fall, make your moves smaller. Do just "one" thing...even if it takes 10 seconds to complete...just, "one" and be pleased with your accomplishment for that day!

"My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?"
David Mitchell

LuvMySpencerPup replied to brunosbud's response:
Spot on Brunosbud....Thank you.

Started again and am back on track. Yippee Skippy, no not the peanut butter, but then again, maybe.

Surprise, surprise I am finding that eating more fruits and veggies and cutting out the breads, pasta, and junk food, I am LESS hungry.

I am working on changing my way of thinking as I did almost 7 years ago when I quit smoking.

And so far so good.

Thanks for the tips!

~Stacy

PS. My pup is a rescue pup and I adore him. <3

brunosbud replied to LuvMySpencerPup's response:
Now, let's be honest..."Who 'rescued' who?"

LuvMySpencerPup replied to brunosbud's response:
Hahahahah...you got me there.

We actually rescued each other I think.

He is my first pet and I absolutely am in love head to toe with him.

LuvMySpencerPup replied to LuvMySpencerPup's response:
Hurry up somebody and reply to wipe of the number "13" replies...oh wait I just did...whew!

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.