Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Is Eating In the Evening ...
LuvMySpencerPup posted:
Counter productive to losing weight?

I've heard both...don't eat past 7:30 pm and then the other side of the coin, the body digests food the say way no matter the time.

<dunno>

Anybody know which it is?

Thanks,

~Stacy

jemimahhernandez responded:
Eating late at night will make you gain weight,Its more about how many calories you take in per day,The truth is your body burns a good amount of calories while you sleep!
If you are used to eating big meals and choose to eat late as one of those few meals, this is where it can cause a person to gain weight your body will store even more of the the fat and carbs due to the fasting.
Your best option is to get your body used to eating small meals through out the day, making eating late at night irrelevant.
Jemimah
[br>

brunosbud responded:
Consider a simpler understanding:

Eating, badly, is counter productive to losing weight...anyplace, anywhere & anytime.

LuvMySpencerPup replied to brunosbud's response:
So Brunosbud, you must have read my "thinking too hard" comment on another post LOL

I am happy to report all is well and I have not been eating badly at all.

I have been diligent in counting calories, exercising and my new best friends are fruits and veggies.

Whoda thunk it?

When I crave something sweet I grab an apple and peanut butter, or berries. Sweet can be found in fruit.

And I learned this from a quitting smoking forum: Cravings will not kill you...so I usually let it roll over me, grab a nice juicy peach and move on.

So all in all..feeling better, moving better and enjoying the journey.

~Stacy
~Stacy and all my typos :)

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Tips
Anyone else try the HCG Diet ? I tried the hcg diet and lost 18lbs in 30 days. Anyone else have any results? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.