Skip to content

Announcements

Finally doing something
hannahj488 posted:
So since it was the start of a new year last month I am finally doing something about my health.

First off I must say that I suffer from multiple health issues such as Crohn's Disease, fibromyalgia, mental health issues, and others. When I don't eat right and don't exercise I find I am in pain and don't think clearly. So, I finally decided to do something about it.

At the beginning of this week, I decided to join my local gym. I attended the orientation to be shown around the gym. On the 18th of this month, I am going to get shown how to use the equipment and which ones are right for me. They are also going to get my weight and measurements and talk about my goals, which include weight loss and overall health.

I must say I have lost about 5 pounds in a month with diet alone. I am drinking plenty of fluids (especially water.) I am limiting my intake of carbs and sugars. I am also focused on eating more fresh fruits and veggies. In the past my diet most consisted of carbs. Back in 2009, I weighed 130. Now, 4 years later I weigh 150 (last month I was 156) That is an increase of 20 pounds in just 4 years. I was in excellent shape in 2009 by exercising, and by watching what I ate. I would do anything to be that weight again. My doctor says for my height and frame (I am 5'5" medium frame) I should be anywhere from 125-130 pounds.

But, I am glad to finally be taking my health into my own hands. If you have anything else to add, ask, or comment please feel free to post a comment.

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.