Skip to content

Announcements

The Evil Scale
logicalremedies posted:
Hello everyone. just got a reply to my post "Caught in a calorie battle". a very nice lady told me that the scale is a negative thing because it reminds you that you're failing and can make you feel worse. i wanted to share with everyone what i replied back to her. i told her...
Yes, you're right. You don't necessarily HAVE TO focus on the scale...once you put your body into a weight losing "rhythm". when most people are starting out they need to "wake the body up". they need to snap the body out of a weight gaining rhythm or a kind of dormant rhythm. Unfortunately, a lot of people are lacking positive motivation when they're losing weight so they need to actually watch the weight falling off of them. if you check you weight 3 times a day and see that it's constantly falling, it becomes VERY motivating. This is one way that i helped my 60 year old mother lose 30 pounds like it was nothing. First, wake the body up and then let her see with her own eyes by watching the scale how quickly the weight was falling off. she understood how important it was to get out of her own way and don't break the body's rhythm. it gave her a feeling of power and self confidence that triggers switches in the body...naturally. Once you have CONTROL of yourself, then you don't need to check the scale so much because you KNOW it's working. So yes, i definitely agree with you on that and i'm very happy you shared that with me. i love to talk to those who can groove on the same topic as me so well. Thanks again and have a glorious, logical day!

That's what i told her. the scale is important. you must understand that the scale is an inanimate object that is there to help you catch yourself when you start to slip. if you don't check it then it's simply YOU vs. YOU. Have a glorious, logical day!

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.