Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Eating after dinner
An_250425 posted:
How the heck can I stop the munchies after dinner? I find that once I sit in my recliner I am susceptible to wanting to eat something. Sometimes I am good and have a piece of fruit or a low fat yogurt. Other times its cookies and milk or tea. I have almost no will power. What are your suggestions to help me curb these urges.

jemimahhernandez responded:
I eat popcorn after dinner most nights.it stops me from eating other junk food. Also because of the salt intake I drink more water which also helps to fill me up.

Just make sure you get the smart pop or something low in calories.

Also you can try brushing your teeth. Some people says it helps them stop eating. I'm not sure on that one.

Jemimah..

An_249544 responded:
Munchies are a problem for me as well, especially at night. I've found that chewing gum can help. Also tuning into my body can help. A lot of times, late night munchies is your body telling you it's tired. When I get those cravings, I have to mentally tell myself 'you aren't hungry, you are tired, go to sleep'. This helps spmetimes.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.