Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

IBS
An_250597 posted:
I am not interested in loosing weight. I would like to know what you would suggest for bloating. IBS? I had five abdominal surgeries.
Adhesions?
Thanks
M

acorn3102 responded:
An_250597 - I wanted to post because I found something that worked for my bloated feeling. After watching a local morning talk show that was discussing genetically modified food, I decided to read the book by Dr. Davis (a preventative cardiologist) called Wheat Belly. I read the book and decided for me, to eliminate wheat from my diet. While wheat is in a LOT of processed foods and can be difficult to identify, I've now been wheat free for 3 weeks. I cannot tell you what a difference it has made in my life - I no longer feel like a balloon that is going to pop all the time. I couldn't stand that feeling. It may or may not work for you, but I wanted to give you my experience so you can see if it would benefit you as well.

LuvMySpencerPup replied to acorn3102's response:
Hi Acorn3102...I, too, have started the wheat free journey and am finding the same results.

I've been wheat free since Feb 1st and am not looking back.

I feel like I've always wanted to feel...Healthy!

I was shocked <insert eyes bugging out> to see how many foods that I was eating on a regular basis contain wheat and they weren't just breads and cereals.

I haven't read his book but I have checked out the website and read about Wheat Belly in the May issue of Prevention Guide.

Hope you continue to feel well.
~Stacy and all my typos :)

hathor7 responded:
I have actually found something that WORKS!!
I started going totally 100% grain free. Just gluten free did absolutely NOTHING for me.
I switched to totally grain free at the urging of my family and am doing fine... still in the beginning stages but NO MORE DIARRHEA!! ...
This means NO grains...none...
This means NO cheating whatsoever... not even 'organic breads'....ALSO no sweets except for organic dark chocolate, like a square or two a day (not the whole 'square bar'' I am not saying this is easy... and you have to give it a couple of months to re-stabilize your body.
I am also taking Triphala which I didn't add until a week or two into this new way of eating.

missclara replied to hathor7's response:
congrats !! you made it!

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.