Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

scarring and disfigurement after weight loss
Syrwolfie posted:
I am currently under going weight loss, the hard way. I have lost a total of 175 pounds and I have a ways to go. I started last year and I have modified my diet and exercise regularly to shed the pounds away. However as I undergo this transformation, I realize that my demons for which I have conquered in order to achieve this state of mind to move forward in my journey to shed weight, will forever haunt me now. This is due to the fact that despite my achievement in weight loss I will have all of this skin and disfiguring scarring all over me. Unlike other addictions, where is you are able to overcome them and everyday walk further past that terrible history you do not have to constant look in the mirror or others can "see" your transgressions. Weight however is another thing all together, what do you say to someone who doesn t have thousands of dollars to not be discouraged. I am angered sometimes when I look into the mirror. That all the work I am doing is still going to be in vain. I know I am going to be healthy, but a woman still want to be and feel pretty too.

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.