Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

After weight loss, do I need to have a stomach tuck done?
Andycab2105 posted:
I am on a diet and losing weight, I need to lose just over 100LBS. I am wondering, do I need to have a tummy tuck on my stomach area, for as the saying goes, I have a "beer belly". I would appreciate any feed back on this

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Andycab,
I think if you actually went to a plastic surgeon and discussed this and your desire to lose 100 lbs, that he/she would suggest losing most of the weight first and maintaining that weightloss for x amount of time before having a tuck. There is always excess skin when an adult loses a significant amount of weight. It tightens up some during and then again during maintenance, but not fully. So why put yourself through a tuck before , and then maybe have to have it done again because of the "apron" flap you may develop from weightloss?
Best to wait.
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.