Skip to content

Announcements

switch of plans
kaykillen posted:
my oatmeal diet didnt work
so i decided to do it with excercise
i started working out in the gym today i plan 2 hours a day.
then oatmeal every meal as my carb.
and im feeling very weak at the moment.
its in the middle of the day and i think im gonna be sick. im taking vitamins though. a-zinc and fish oil supplement. im not sure if im eating enough thats probbably why im dizzy and i didnt get enough sleep last night

brunosbud responded:
Oatmeal helps...Exercise most definitely helps...I guess, vitamins and zinc-fish oil supplement may help, too...But, I think it would be most important to learn and understand why anything helps before owning it because once you gain that knowledge, you can learn to love it. Dedicated and committed people may appear to be "robots" but, actually, they just love and believe in what they're doing.

PetuniaPea responded:
too much of a good thing...well...is not good!

only oatmeal extreme exercise = crash and burn & failure up ahead!!!

I call it like I see it
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

PetuniaPea replied to PetuniaPea's response:
only oatmeal PLUS extreme exercise = crash and burn & failure up ahead.

kaykillen replied to PetuniaPea's response:
well im taking vitamins wouldnt that suffice
and often i put frutis and milk in my oat meal or i substitute oatmeal as my main carb and eat meat or fish or veggies

PetuniaPea replied to kaykillen's response:
I thought you were just eating oatmeal only! My bad.

As a vitamin-taker myself, I know that vitamins provide extra nutrients just in case we're not getting enough from food, sort of like an "insurance" policy; VITAMINS DO NOT provide energy.

Only food provides energy, so to prevent your dizziness, eat a varied diet of complex carbohydrates, not just oatmeal and some veggies. Add brown rice, quinoa, potatoes or sweet potatoes, green veggies, fruits like apples and bananas, beans, etc, to your daily diet for optimal strength and energy.

yup my trainer tells me to eat small meal every 3 hours food consisting protein carbs and fiber. but its hard to find time at work. so i end eating 3 small meals a day the when i wake up i engage with a heavy workout for 1 and a half hours.

logicalremedies responded:
Hi kaykillen! the reason that your oatmeal diet didn't work so well is because oatmeal is thick and heavy and takes time for your body to break it down. you've already started eating again by the time your body's broken down the oatmeal so things are backing up on you. you're designed with everything you need to rip weight faster than any supplement can. trust me...i'm doing it. have a glorious, logical day!

kaykillen replied to logicalremedies's response:
wtf? glorious logical day?

im not that dumb. just not well educated.
like seriously

brunosbud replied to kaykillen's response:
Was that your "best" response to someone who was considerate enough to respond to your discussion?...

Like, you know, seriously?...You know?

kaykillen replied to brunosbud's response:
no sir im not entirely serious.
i was thinking hes not serious with what he tells me because what I know all my life oatmeal is high in fiber and body cannot absorb fiber so body will eliminate.
and telling me that im designed already to rip weight.
its like hes saying that im really into taking diet pills.

brunosbud replied to kaykillen's response:
Hi kaykillen and thank you for your reply...

logicalremedies said...
"because oatmeal is thick and heavy and takes time for your body to break it down."

DIGESTION TIME OF VARIOUS FOODS
(approx. time spent in stomach before emptying). ........

Juices
Fruit vegetables, vegetable broth - 15 to 20 minutes.

Fruits

Watermelon - 20 min.digestion time.
Other melons - Canteloupe, Cranshaw, Honeydew etc. - 30 min.
Oranges, grapefruit, grapes - 30 min.
Apples, pears, peaches, cherries etc. - digest in 40 min.

Vegetables

Raw tossed salad vegetables - tomato, lettuces, cucumber, celery, red or green pepper, other succulent vegetables - 30 to 40 min. digestion. -
Steamed or cooked vegetables
Leafy vegetables - escarole, spinach, kale, collards etc. - 40 min. - Zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, string beans, yellow squash, corn on cob - all 45 min. digestion time
Root vegetables - carrots, beets, parsnips, turnips etc. - 50 min.
Semi-Concentrated Carbohydrates - Starches
Jerusalem artichokes & leafy, acorn & butternut squashes, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yam, chestnuts - all 60 min. digestion.

Concentrated Carbohydrates - Grains

Brown rice, millet, buckwheat, cornmeal, oats (first 3 vegetables best) - 90 min.
Legumes & Beans - (Concentrated Carbohydrate & Protein)
Lentils, limas, chick peas, peas, pigeon peas, kidney beans, etc. - 90 min. digestion time
soy beans -120 min. digestion time
Seeds & Nuts
Seeds - Sunflower, pumpkin, pepita, sesame - Digestive time approx. 2 hours.
Nuts - Almonds, filberts, peanuts (raw), cashews, brazil, walnuts, pecans etc. - 2 1/2 to 3 hours to digest.

Dairy

Skim milk, cottage or low fat pot cheese or ricotta - approx. 90 min. digestion time
whole milk cottage cheese - 120 min. digestion
whole milk hard cheese - 4 to 5 hours digestion time

Animal proteins

Egg yolk - 30 min. digestion time
Whole egg - 45 min.
Fish - cod, scrod, flounder, sole seafood - 30 min. digestion time
Fish - salmon, salmon trout, herring, (more fatty fish) - 45 min. to 60 digestion time
Chicken - 11/2 to 2 hours digestion time (without skin)
Turkey - 2 to 2 1/4 hours digestion time (without skin)
Beef, lamb - 3 to 4 hours digestion time
Pork - 41/2 to 5 hours digestion time

Secondly, you're right, kaykillen. Oatmeal is high in fiber and the body won't absorb it (the fiber) so it will be eliminated...

But, oatmeal is a "whole grain" (a complex carbohydrate) and studies show that eating whole grains such as oatmeal, brown rice and quinoa play an important role in lowering the risk of chronic diseases, such as coronary heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, and also contribute to body weight management and gastrointestinal health.

With that said, isn't it possible that logicalremedies was trying to give you helpful advice and you just misunderstood (Also, how do you know logicalremedies is a he and not a she?)?

The point I'm trying to make is simple: Unless you're absolutely understanding and there's no margin of error, it can be a mistake to use that phrase "wtf?". When unsure, sometimes it's better just to say, "thanks", instead.

Like seriously...

I didn't get anything negative from logicalremedies response.

logicalremedies said, "you're designed with everything you need to rip weight faster than any supplement can" regarding VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS, which is what you had mentioned; nowhere in the response did logical mention diet pills! logical's opinion is that you don't really need vitamins, your body is naturally designed for weight loss...and added an encouraging, "trust me...i'm doing it."

Also, if you read other posts by logical, he/she ends EACH post with that catchphrase; it's in no way intended to be condescending at all!

More and more misunderstandings are happening in this day and age because more people are communicating via the internet and cannot gauge people's true emotions or intentions through writing! So always clarify, clarify, clarify! And if you have something important to tell a loved one...CALL them or meet face to face!

I totally get your point maam. I'm sorry I behave highly immature most of the time.

It is very mature of you to admit that you can be immature at times!

And please, you don't have to call me maam, it makes me feel old. Call me "miss!" Thanks.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.