Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Liquid Diet Foods
An_250821 posted:
Other than the obvious will someone suggest foods for a liquid diet in prep for surgery

totallywiggedout responded:
If you aren't trying to lose weight, I'd suggest a product like Ensure Plus. These are literally made for people who cannot ingest solids on the long term so are perfectly safe as solid meal replacements. They have all the nutrients that you would need, just make sure that you drink at least 4 a day to maintain healthy weight.
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

PetuniaPea responded:
Check to see if it's okay to consume the following:

Hemp protein powder (high in fiber! good amount of protein...and NO you will not get high!)

Whey protein powder (no fiber; considered dairy, but very easy to digest and has a great amino acid profile)

Any protein powder or protein powder blend, in general! The vegan ones I like are pricey, but I love getting them every once in a while: http://myvega.com/ . (I personally stay away from soy because it's hard to digest and causes stomach upset in me)

Then, blend it with the following:

Almond milk (I love unsweetened vanilla flavor; found in the dairy section of your supermarket in half gallon containers)

Hemp milk (found in shelf stable cartons at health food store; I actually love the taste of this!)

Coconut milk (found in half gallon containers at supermarket's dairy section)
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
273 of 338 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.