Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

gastric bypass surgery
christine0255 posted:
I had GBS in 98, I went from 264 to 149 lbs as of today I am back up to 227. I tired all the over the counter diet pills, plus some that I brought online. I tried all the things that Dr Oz talks about as well but nothing is working. has anyone else had this problem? I can not find a Dr or site that has any answers. I joined a gym and go 3 times per week but the weight is not coming off. I am getting very depressed and I am back to not looking at myself in the mirror. If anyone has any answers please let me know via email. honeybee0255@yahoo.com

brunosbud responded:
Hi Christine0255, not to be rude, but...

Where in the world are you getting your information? Where ever it may be, are you sufficiently convinced, now, to never, ever go back?

A pedometer is a simple tool that count steps. You place it in your pocket when you rise in the morning and you leave it there until you sleep at night...

1. A pedometer measures your total activity, daily, including whatever you do at the gym.
  2. A pedometer gives you credit for exercise even on days you don't go to the gym.
  3. A pedometer makes you accountable.
  4. A pedometer provides trustworthy & reliable information (no bulsht, half-truths or he said-she-said garbage).
  5. A pedometer sets a target for you to strive for, everyday, and when you accomplish your goal you feel good about yourself.
  6. A pedometer never lies or spares your feelings.
  7. A pedometer will help you rebuild your body from the ground up.
  8. A pedometer eats only an occasional battery.
  9. A pedometer will never give you excuses like, "Not today...I've got a headache".
  10. A pedometer will remind you, "Hey, you didn't give your fork the day off, so, let's not give us the day off, either."
  11. By using a pedometer, you don't have to trust anyone, again (not me, not Dr. Oz, or whatever worthless sources you been getting your information from)...just, yourself!
  12. A pedometer puts your belief and self commitment to the test, everyday.
  13. In the end, the pedometer reveals who you really are...

Gradually build to 10,000 steps/day and repeat, rain or shine, 365, for the rest of your natural days. Good luck, christine0255!

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Simple way to cut out calories
Take one piece of the bread off of sandwiches and eat them "pizza-style." Divide lunch portions in half & only eat half; eat the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.