Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

New to this
ANewMe88 posted:
I am new to this whole thing including Web MD. Its not my first time trying an online fitness planner, calorie counter, diet tracker,etc. I think what is different about this is my attitude coming into it. I am fully aware that this transition into a healthier lifestyle is going to be extremely difficult for me. I am used to eating what I want whenever I want. But I am 25 now and I need to be more health conscious. I would like to live another 30-40 more years. I don't want something unfortunate to happen to me simply because I was being lazy and stubborn. I hope that I can find other via Web MD who will help to encourage and motivate me and hopefully I can do the same for you all. I am standing tall with my head held high at the beginning of this new journey in my life. Wish me Luck!

PetuniaPea responded:
Hi ANewMe88,

Forget 30-40 years, you can live another 60-80 years if you:

Eat real food, not processed foods. If it comes in a box, bag, package, or container with supposed "health claims," beware it's most likely junk...stay away!

Eat things that came from the ground, trees, or vines...such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains in their natural state (like brown rice, quinoa, and millet), nuts, seeds, peas, beans, and other legumes.

In fact, people who increase their consumption of fruits and veggies live longer and more vibrant disease-free lives!

People who decrease their overall meat consumption live longer as well. Think of meat as a side dish, if you need to have it at all.

Learn to cook and enjoy making healthy dishes, so you don't have to rely on frozen meals, fast food, takeout, or restaurant food.

Finally, GOOD LUCK on your journey! I know you'll have fun and learn a lot.
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Helpful Tips

Fast and easy
I have always found that eating healthy and cutting back on sugary drinks has worked for me. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.