Skip to content

Announcements

need to talk to someone
debeedoo posted:
hello, Had gastric bypass surgery in 2010 and in Sept. it will be 3 years. Having issues all I want to do is eat. I started this at 258 and currently weigh about 189 and that is down 69 lbs. which is great. My goal was to lose 100 pounds and just cannot seem to get back on track. I am disabled and cannot work and have been under so so much stress this past year. My husband had not worked and lost his unemployment and we had no money except for my Soc. Sec. and finally in Jan he got a job and YEAH that is great.
Back to the issue of weight gain. I have gained about 10 lbs and do not want to get back to where I was cause i feel so much better now and my diabetes is gone and my high blood pressure and all the icky things that go wrong. I do have peripheal neuropathy in both feet and legs and have a hard time exerciseing cause of the pain .
Anyone out there would love to talk to someone. HELP I know what to do but my mind is just not there for some reason and I know what to do but my mind says yes my body says not yet
HELP

PetuniaPea responded:
I'm no expert by far and I know nothing about gastric bypass, but it seems from your post that you have not dealt with emotional eating.

It seems like times are tough and you mentioned you are stressed. I can only recommend you get more support from others. Try online support groups that deal with emotional eating...there may be a separate gastric bypass community here on WebMd, or try support groups where you go in person and meet with others. Try one-on-one with a psychologist as well and see if you like that kind of help. Sometimes people like more one-on-one therapy while others don't feel any benefit from it. Find what works for you.

Also, find an activity that you enjoy and doesn't hurt, like walking or swimming. Keep a journal of what you eat and all your emotions...vent your emotions on paper, maybe that can help. In any case, bottom line, deal with emotional eating and your situation will most likely improve.
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.