Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Need PCP that Supports Medifast in Maryland
azbridgie posted:
In January of this year I started Take Shape for Life (Medifast program). I have been very successful thus far but do not have the support I would like from my PCP. My starting weight was 344, I'm 5'7", 35 year old female. My current weight is 298. The program is working and I feel great.

However, at a follow-up appointment this week, my PCP was no longer supportive of me using Medifast foods. It was very discouraging. I am open to changing my PCP but I'm having a difficult time finding one that is familiar with Medifast.

Does anyone have suggestions of a PCP in Maryland? Or route for finding a new one? I live just south of Baltimore but would be willing to travel within Maryland for the right doctor.

I just didn't know where else to ask, so I thought I would try here.

Thank you all,

Bridget

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
195 of 240 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.