Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

what do you do to avoid eating?
MissElliemvf posted:
say you had your dinner, after 1 hour i sit in front of the telly and feel the urge to eat....everything and anything....what could i do to "distract" myself from snacking although in not hungry?

CHANGED responded:
You should drink water, lots of water in lemon wedges. And if you are still hungry, have some mixed nuts. (take the nuts and measure a quarter cup, put the rest away. If you're still hungry, go to bed.

totallywiggedout responded:
Try to keep your hands and mind busy while just sitting around. If you knit or crochet or do needlepoint these are really good for keeping your mind off of food. If you get up to get something, like say during commercial breaks, do jumping jacks or wall push ups instead.
If you get this urge all the time during tv time. Change your habit. Sit in a different chair, do a treadmill or use a mini peddler while sitting in a straight backed chair. OR better yet get the family involved in a boardgame, cardgame or something like Wii games instead of doing the regular boob tube watching.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

brunosbud responded:
That's a vague and deceptive question, imo, becaue you provide no relevant information about yourself. Whether you did this by intention or just thought it wasn't important, you get what you give...In this case, nothing.

lusie responded:
Only one person will help you to avoid eating and that is "you"...
If you decide not to eat then whatever food come in front of you you will not think to eat that...
I think you get what I want to say...

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 242 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.