Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Food questions.
scaredofscale posted:
I'm not sure why, but I don't usually have any real desire to eat anything that has an odor to it. What I crave is sweets and carbs. Some foods smell good at first, but by the time the meal is ready to eat, I don't want it. The worst is usually first thing in the morning. There is usally excessive saliva, almost a nausea. Is this normal?

brunosbud responded:
Assuning you're not pregnant, I suggest a complete physical performed with Complete Blood Count and Metabolic Blood panels. Ask to have A1C (diabetes) and C-Reactive Protein (inflammation) tests performed. Can be a deficiency such as zinc or Vitamin D. Can be Acid Reflux or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Can be Fatty Liver disease or early indications of kidney failure. No. It's not normal...

scaredofscale responded:
No, not PG. I'm 53, lap chole 10 years ago. No stones just sludge that was evidently blocking the duct. I agree this is kinda like morning sickness all day long. But I've learned, and now seem to gravitate towards the wrong foods. Mostly because they either have no odor or ones I don't have to cook/smell. Too many veggies and fruit and the gut motility becomes of olympic caliber. You've given me some confidence that I am not just weak, I'm not right! LOL Thanks!

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
272 of 337 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.