Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Safe diet pills
UrsulaBeneth posted:
I really need some appetite suppressant, because I can't sit on a diet for more that 2 days. But I'm afraid og their harmfulness! I choose Adipex diet pills, what is community's opinion about it?

Samantha71088 responded:
NO NO NO! Diet pills are bad! There are plenty of ways that you can control your hunger without the harmful effects of diet pills. Water, is a natural appetite suppressant also, if you feel hungry you can snack on some fruit or veggies that are high in fiber. The fiber will make you feel full. I just recently started a weight loss program that is amazing! It doesn't leave me hungry at all! It's very filling. I can give you more info if you want. But, please don't take diet pills.

mich1978 replied to Samantha71088's response:
I can appreciate both sides of the argument here because I've been on both sides. I don't totally agree with the OP stating that she can't "sit on a diet for more than 2 days" because it obviously takes much longer than that to successfully lose weight.

I also don't totally agree with Samantha because it's really untrue to lump all diet pills into a "diet pills are bad" category. Some people need a little help, and there are plenty of safe all-natural diet pills on the market today that have ingredients that are NOT harmful. A few I can see on a quick look on Amazon (Disclaimer: I do use one of these, but I wont say which one because i dont want this to look like a shameless promotion) are: PaleoTrim , Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract , and NatureWise Green Coffee Bean .

There are also several I've found that I would consider POTENTIALLY harmful when looking at ingredients (I wont post links to those). A good rule of thumb I tend to follow when shopping online (for anything) is this....if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If the manufacturer of the pills makes outrageous claims or guarantees you will lose "X" number of pounds in a week, stay away. Those that use natural ingredients and tell you to eat right and exercise and use their product for what it is (A SUPPLEMENT) could be helpful. Supplements aren't meant to replace proper diet or exercise, so keep that in mind when shopping for a product. Good luck!

shawnclark responded:
I don't think so Adipex diet pill works because while searching it found lots of negative reviews and feedback related to side effects like..
  • feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
  • chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
  • swelling in your ankles or feet;
  • pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
  • confusion or irritability, unusual thoughts or behavior;
  • feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
so before select this diet pill be assure about it

brunosbud responded:
http://health.howstuffworks.com/medicine/medication/diet-pill2.htm

This is an excellent write-up of the different diet pills, both prescription and over-the-counter, how they work and the hazards associated with their use.

SML67 responded:
Adipex is said to curb appetite fast , but, with help it will bring a lot of problems with your health. Adipex has so many side effects! Do you know, that this diet pills are banned in some countries? Adipex is very dangerous. I hope, you won't take it.

Helpful Tips

Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
Was this Helpful?
49 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.