Skip to content

Announcements

Elimination Diet and Medication
An_251565 posted:
I am interested in doing an elimination diet to determine which foods are causing inflammation. I have read that you should be off antihistamines because they inhibit the body's response therefore making the elimination diet less successful. Does the same apply to montelukast/Singulair? Thank you.

PetuniaPea responded:
I haven't read anywhere that you have to be off of medications to do an elimination diet. The antihistamines makes sense now that you mention it, but I think you are fine to do the elimination diet while on your other meds.

P.S. I found out that I am sensitive to wheat gluten, dairy, and corn. Good luck on your quest.
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Helpful Tips

How to Decrease Your AppetiteExpert
Let's say you've already had a healthy balanced meal so that you're not hungry (hunger is a physical phenomenon and tells the body "I ... More
Was this Helpful?
274 of 339 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.