Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Frustration
KittyB1957 posted:
56 y.o. female. 3 cesearans last one 1996. I have been overweight since the age of 12. Mostly emotional but some genetic traits. In May, 2010, I went on medifast under MD supervision. Lost 65 lbs by Thanksgiving. February 2011, abdominal pains started, May 2011 gall bladder out! Gained 40 of the 65 I lost back and in menopause. I have a fat roll from surgeries that I cannot exercise away. I am on Wellbutrin and Neurotin I desperately want to lost weight/lose the abdominal roll and stop my sugar addiction. Can plastic surgery be medically necessary? and I am open to what to do about the sugar addiction?

brunosbud responded:
When I visit the neighborhood grocery or hardware store and I see a 40 (& up) Something trim and fit, I'll give a nod. I know how much work it takes and the mental discipline required to maintain such a high level of fitness. From the outside looking in, most people think it silly and medieval to maintain such regimented control of both diet and exercise. But, from the inside looking out, it's effortless to do because its "habit"...Everybody has "habits". Some habits hit the mark and serve the exact purpose, intended, but certain "habits" serve little purpose other than to waste time and cause harm. Everybody would like to look like Gwyneth Paltrow. But, to Gwyneth Paltrow, she can't figure what's the fuss..."It's just 'habit' and I like to feel good."

PetuniaPea responded:
Some suggestions:

Don't stock your food with sugary items.

Phase out sugary foods over time, one at a time.

Replace sugary foods with something healthful.

For example:
Sweet potatoes
Dates
Apples
Berries
Bananas
Fruit and nut bars (Larabars, for example)
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/GreenFish/posts

Featuring Experts

Known as the "doc who walks the talk", Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is an internationally renowned expert and speaker in women's health,...More

Helpful Tips

Simple way to cut out calories
Take one piece of the bread off of sandwiches and eat them "pizza-style." Divide lunch portions in half & only eat half; eat the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.