Skip to content

Announcements

too much gas after gallbladder removed
ED_01 posted:
Hi I had my gallbladder removed almost 6 months ago. I tried the tips you've offered to others with the same problem but nothing seems to work. no matter what I eat, and no matter if I eat smaller portions or chew my food more or even exercising seems to help out. i've been trying gas x ultra strength180 mg for about a week now it seems to work but it says i can't take more than 2 pills in 24 hours. can i take more than the recommended dose? If not is there something else I can take or try? this problem is really embarrassing pls help.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Ed,
When you had your gallbladder removed, you changed how your body metabolises food. You may be looking at the problems of your gas from the wrong end, er, so to speak.
You may have to go about changing what you eat, to decrease the possibility of getting gas, instead of trying to get rid of the gas after the fact.
There are two types of foods that cause the most digestive problems in the most people.
Grains
and
Dairy
Personally, I'd try going without any dairy products for a couple of weeks. Omit EVERYTHING that has dairy in it, make sure to read all the labels before you eat it.
For cereal, use Almond milk NOT soy, as soy is part of the grain group and we'll be trying that next
IF the two weeks sans dairy helps, then you've found some relief
The next two weeks, go without ANY grains, no beans, corn, rice, bread of ANY sort, no soy products
again, if it helps then you know another culprit.
My guess is, it's one of these two things or a combination of both that is causing your troubles.
I'm no doctor, but in my own weightloss journey, I have found that if I reduced or completely omitted dairy and grains, my own tummy rumbles have gotten better.
hope this helps
kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
204 of 249 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.