Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    YumasGirl posted:
    I have been diagnosed with Gastritus. I cant really eat anything. Any ideas on what diet I should be on. All I was told by the doctor was chicken noodle soup and ginger ale or 7up. What else can I eat. I was told after 7 days it should go away but it hasn't (definately has gotten better but not gone and its been weeks now). I am on acid reducing medication, Im scared to get off it obviously as the pain was excrutiating. Any ideas?
    totallywiggedout responded:
    YumasGirl, please read my response to "too much gas after gallbladder removed" it is going to be the same response to you.
    I have personally found that if I cut out eating foods fried in vegetable oil and or peanut oils and just stick to stuff that I do at home with Olive oil, coconut oil or grapeseed oil then my gassiness gets better.
    Then when I stay away from fattier meats, processed meats and dairy and grains(bread, rice, beans, peanuts and peanut butter), it gets even better.
    I drink almond milk, use mashed avocado or homemade mayo instead of storebought salad dressing for eggsalad eat whole eggs, and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, and heart healthy nuts and it seems to calm down.
    Mine is about 75% paleo diet. You may want to google it and find out if it's something you could at least try to help with your gastritus.

    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

    Helpful Tips

    Afternoon Sleepiness? Eat Protein, not Sugar, to Stay Awake & Shed LBS!Expert
    Hi everyone. Want a royal win win? Next time you start feeling like nodding off in the afternoon grab some healthy protein (Greek yogurt, ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    72 of 73 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

    Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.