Skip to content

Announcements

Gastritus
YumasGirl posted:
I have been diagnosed with Gastritus. I cant really eat anything. Any ideas on what diet I should be on. All I was told by the doctor was chicken noodle soup and ginger ale or 7up. What else can I eat. I was told after 7 days it should go away but it hasn't (definately has gotten better but not gone and its been weeks now). I am on acid reducing medication, Im scared to get off it obviously as the pain was excrutiating. Any ideas?

totallywiggedout responded:
YumasGirl, please read my response to "too much gas after gallbladder removed" it is going to be the same response to you.
I have personally found that if I cut out eating foods fried in vegetable oil and or peanut oils and just stick to stuff that I do at home with Olive oil, coconut oil or grapeseed oil then my gassiness gets better.
Then when I stay away from fattier meats, processed meats and dairy and grains(bread, rice, beans, peanuts and peanut butter), it gets even better.
I drink almond milk, use mashed avocado or homemade mayo instead of storebought salad dressing for eggsalad eat whole eggs, and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, and heart healthy nuts and it seems to calm down.
Mine is about 75% paleo diet. You may want to google it and find out if it's something you could at least try to help with your gastritus.

kim
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work --- Thomas Edison

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Helpful Tips

Olive oil versus Canola oilExpert
Both oils contain healthy monounsaturated fats but canola actually has less saturated fat than olive oil. Canola is more versatile for ... More
Was this Helpful?
203 of 248 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Everyday Fitness - Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP

Achieve a better mind-body balance and live a healthier life with tips from wellness expert Dr. Pamela Peeke...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.